Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Matalan Shoes


I bought these three pairs of shoes a couple of weeks ago from Matalan. The boots, that are very Isabel Marant style, will look so fab with skinny jeans. They were a steal at £20 and are so comfortable! I am a sucker for the slipper style shoe ever since I bought my first pair from Topshop about a year ago. I especially love Matalan slippers because my Topshop ones haven't lasted more than a few months until I have to replace them but the slippers from Matalan are so sturdy and have a little heel which give it a really sophisticated 'slipper look' which I love. The first pair I bought are black with studs all over and the second pair are covered in a gorgeous floral fabric with a gold heel which I can match with all my gold jewellery! The floral ones are £12 and the studded pair were £14 which is so much cheaper than Topshop ones!

In other news, I got the opportunity to visit River Island head offices with my university class on Friday. We got shown round by the assistant buyer for menswear accessories and a designer for menswear. It was the most amazing experience, to see what they do on a day to day basis and how much work goes into one season of collections. There were rails of clothes that filled up every inch of wall and mood boards scattered everywhere. We also got to see where they hold important range meetings and the mock shop where they set up collections to see how it would look when it's actually in store. It was such an inspirational trip and has motivated me so much to get through these 4 years at university!

X X X

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe they're from Matalan, they're all so beautiful! Your trip sounds amazing

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the 3rd pair! They are so pretty and look expensive :) xx

    www.jessicarturner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys, I'm off to Matalan tomorrow so I may be looking out for those boots xo

    ReplyDelete